If you looking for a place to take the kids to get outside, visit one of these parks or areas:
Reno Riverwalk: stroll down the sidewalks and visit the shops in the Reno Riverwalk District.
Rancho San Rafael, is an expansive park in Reno. There is a play area for the kids, slides, walking paths, and a jungle gym.
Lake Tahoe Nevada State Park is a popular year-round for picnicking, hiking, mountain biking, catch-and-release fishing and cross-county skiing.
Kings Beach, in North Lake Tahoe, offers a playground for the kids. Walk towards the water and you will discover the beach that offers an unbelievable view of the surrounding mountains and lake.
The Sparks Marina offers a 2 mile walking path, volleyball courts, swimming, beaches, picnic areas and places to fish.
Galena Creek Park is popular year-round for hiking trails in the summer and sledding & cross-country skiing in the winter.
Davis Creek Regional Park offers picnic facilities, an equestrian trailhead and group camping site are available by reservation.
For more parks in the Washoe County region, click here.
- Mira Loma Skate Park: 2692 S McCarran Blvd, Reno, NV 89502
- Panther Valley Skate Park: 850 Link Lane, Reno, NV 89501
- Lazy 5 Skate Park: 7100 Pyramid Way, Sparks, NV 89436
- Burgess Skate park : 1605 Pyramid Way, Sparks, NV 89431
- Silver Lake Skate park: 9975 Moya Blvd, Reno, NV 89506
- Cold Springs Skate park: 3355 White Lake Pkwy, Reno, NV 89508
- Idlewild Skate park: 2055 Idlewild Dr, Reno, NV 89509
- Sun Valley Skate park: 115 W 6th Ave, Sun Valley, NV 89433